Sunday, November 7, 2010

Half Moon Bay to Carmel

As we drove down the highway, you can't help but appreciate the beauty of the California coast!
This weekend, Laurie and I decided to celebrate our birthdays... with a road trip on the coast.  Laurie picked me up from Oakland airport.  Just an hour later, we were at the beautiful Half Moon Bay Ritz-Carlton!  We had a cottage room for the evening.
Laurie and I, with the golf course and Pacific as our backdrop
Posing for a picture by the firepit was wonderful.  Posing for a picture near the waterline can be a bit more thrilling.  Laurie and I were about to get kissed by a wave.  Of course, I was closer to the waterline, so was a bit more worried than my fun loving better half!
Friday evening, we walked around the grounds, had a wonderful meal, and enjoyed a spectacular sunset.  The next morning, we got up at a reasonable hour, had breakfast, and then posed for a few pictures, before heading down the coast toward Monterey and Carmel.  Our cottage had a nice deck, with a firepit that we both really enjoyed. 



The picture we wanted to take - sans the worry of impending wetness!

Classic picture of the California coast along 17-mile drive.


Have to love the coast - another gorgeous day!

Just can't seem to get enough of the sailboats.


And finally, I want to offer a small tribute to a family friend who passed away on Friday.  Raja has been with us for 17 years.  He added joy, laughter and companionship to our family, and will be missed.

2 comments:

Christy Gunnell said...

Okay, first off thanks for the congratulations :) We're excited. Second off, I love that you two still pose for couple pictures...so cute! And third off, I'm sorry to hear that Raja has passed. I'm glad that Raja won't be in so much pain anymore though!

Tiffany said...

I love the pictures! I'm glad that you two could celebrate birthdays on the coast! Love you both!!!